Here is a yummy snack, that’s easy to make and perfect for movie night.
- 2 cups of popcorn Kernels
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 4oz or 1/2 cup of unsalted butter
- 4oz or 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 8oz brown sugar
- 1 teaspoons salt
- Place a medium pot over high heat. Add the canola oil and heat for 4 minutes.
- Add the kernels, shake to coat with oil.
- Cover the pot with a lid and turn the heat down to medium heat. Shake the pot every couple of minutes so that unpopped kernels can fall to the bottom.
- Turn off and remove the pot from heat when the popping sounds slow down to 1 every 4 seconds.
- Pour the the popcorn into a large bowl. Try to keep any unpopped kernels out of the bowl.
- Preheat the oven to 275F.
- In a small pot, add the butter, peanut butter, corn syrup, brown sugar and salt.
- Heat over a medium heat, whisking every few minutes, cook for 5 minutes until it is smooth and all incorporated.
- Take the caramel off the stove and pour over the popcorn.
- Mix until all the popcorn is coated.
- Spread the popcorn on 2 trays with parchment paper and place in the oven at 275F for 45 minutes.
- When popcorn is done let it fully cool down. It should be dry and crisp.
- Break the popcorn into pieces, place in a large bowl and enjoy Movie Night. 🙂